Wednesday 24 September 2014

Tom's Recommendations


Hello!  My name is Tom and I am in P6A.  On Tuesdays at lunchtime, we have Book Club where we can relax and read some great books.  I would like to share with you today some of my favourites.

I started reading ‘The Lost Gods’ by Francesca Simon which is shortlisted for the Guardian Children’s Fiction Prize.  I wrote a review of this book and it has been entered for a competition – I hope I win!

Here is my review:-
The Lost Gods by Francesca Simon

This hilarious, awesome and addictive novel is the best book in the universe. The Lost Gods will hold you in a magnificent world from the first page to the last!

The main character Freya takes you on an epic adventure about Woden, Frejya and Thor. It all starts when Woden, Frejya and Thor have had their youth restored but they have lost all their magical powers. The gods need worshipers/fans quick, before the frost giants come!

I would recommend this outstanding novel to 9-13 year olds. If you are not any of these ages you are more than welcome to read this novel. But for the book to be fully enjoyed these I think are the ages.

This book is always exciting there are no boring bits.  My favourite character is Thor because he is funny and awesome.  I highly recommend that you should read this extraordinary book because Francesca has moved up a step from her Horrid Henry series.

The Lost Gods is a perfect book for reading for fun.  Francesca is an outstanding author and she really made me understand what was happening.

I hope you enjoyed reading my review and that more of you will go and read the book.

Right now I am reading ‘Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief’ by Rick Riordan. I am really enjoying this book and I would recommend this book to 10-12 year olds!

1 comment:

  1. An excellent book review Tom. It sounds like an exciting book.
    Good luck with the competition.

    ReplyDelete