Tuesday 30 September 2014

Ruairidh's Recommendations


I started reading Flora and Ulysses a couple of weeks ago and have written a book review on it …

                                                               Flora and Ulysses
                                                              by Kate Dicamillo

This book is amazing.   If I could give it a subtitle, it would be “The Amazing Adventures of Ulysses the Superhero Squirrel and his Human Sidekick Flora.”

This brilliant novel makes you feel like are Ulysses the squirrel and getting sucked up the vacuum cleaner with him.  Flora starts off as a cynic but by the end she has changed and that is all thanks to Ulysses.  I think that the inclusion of comic strips makes the book much better, I have never seen an author do this before.  Another good thing about this book is that we learn not to be somebody you don’t truly want to be.

Flora and Ulysses is a gripping novel which you can’t put down until it is finished.

I would recommend this book to 9-11 year olds so it can be enjoyed at its fullest.  But if you are not these ages you are more than welcome to read this book.

I am currently reading the Indian in the Cupboard series.  I would recommend this series to 9-11 year olds.

No comments:

Post a Comment